Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Haunted Mansion

Do you love scary stores, haunted houses and ghosts? If so, then Disney's Haunted Mansion is a great ride for you. This ride takes you through a bizarre, supernatural world. Once you enter the ride, you are seated in rotating chairs, which will spin to show you all of the mansion's rooms.



You will ride through several floors of ghostly welcoming. Your ghost host will talk to you through speakers in your chair as he leads you through the eerie mansion. Madam Leota, the floating head in the crystal ball, summons the ghosts to show themselves. Once the ghosts appear, they begin dancing in the ball room, walking around in the grave yard and sitting on your shoulders. The first time I went on this ride, I got the life scared out of me by the ghost sitting on my shoulder. I used to sit in the middle of my parents because I was afraid to sit on the edges. Believe it or not, I actually thought something was going to steal me while I was sitting there.

The good thing is that the spirits are friendly. The best thing about this haunted mansion is that there is no gore, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to handle going in. I'm not much for the supernatural world, but I love this ride!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Grim Grinning Ghost song--a perfect Haloween song. When I was little, I had this video of Disney Haloween cartoons and there was a Haunted Mansion sing-a-long at the start. It was great, back when I was into Halloween.
    The director Del Torro is doing a Haunted Mansion movie--it's actually going to follow the ride's lore; should be cool, he uses puppets and costumes well--less CGI the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ride! It is the perfect speed for my heart to deal with while looking at random ghosts popping up everywhere. I got scared to death the first time I was on that ride too because of a creepy-looking head that popped out from behind a gravestone. I was not expecting it. Next time I went on the ride, I looked for the head, but once again, it popped out and I screamed! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete