Saturday, February 5, 2011

MGM Studios

MGM is Disney's Hollywood theme park. This park features the Hollywood Tower Hotel. This beautiful hotel was struck by lightning many years ago and left abandoned and haunted. Once you enter the hotel, you're brought down to the basement and board an elevator which drops once the hotel is "struck by lighting." It's a terrifying drop down to the basement; you leave your seat and stomach in the air. It feels like your heart goes into your throat from the shock.


MGM also hosts a reenactment of Indiana Jones. Actors and actresses go running through an obstacle course where they dodge boulders, fire and explosions. Not only do you watch flames burn but, you can feel the heat. You're up close and personal in this adventure.


I can't even begin to describe the rest of the park. It's just something that you have to see. There is so much entertainment that it's impossible to get it done in one day. This park is really something!

4 comments:

  1. The Tower of Terror is such a terrible ride. I got scarred for life going on it! Everytime I'm in an elevator, I feel like it is randomly going to fall all the way to the bottom. The storyline and design of the ride was awesome. I hate the feeling of my stomach flipping out and that is why I hated this ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like the Tower of Terror better than the Haunted Mansion? I never went to Disney World, would like to someday of course.
    Also, you might find this interesting, MGM the studio is not actually around anymore. They went bankrupt and Sony Pictures brought the rights.

    I like the blog, only suggestion off-hand is to try and find a more fitting template but all in all a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first went to Disney, I had gone with my cousins and they were able to be in the Indiana Jones show. It was a really fun experience to see your family memember with Indiana Jones. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not think I could endure the tower of terror. But for all of those who like that weird-funny stomach feeling, then I'm sure it is an excellent experience! The Indian Jones part sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete